The back and forth among the doctors about when to feed Tiegan went all the way to the top of the pediatric surgical team, and she decreed that Tiegan be fed. So, following another enema, he got his first meal, 1cc of breast milk. He has now had three feedings will no ill effects. The antibiotics also seem to be working well. His blood tests this morning showed his white cells back to normal. If that remains the case through Monday, they'll put another PCVC line in to increase his calories. He has also smashed through the 1-kilo mark (2.2 lbs).
His mood was somber this afternoon. I strongly suspected that he had heard about the officiating outrage that helped end MSU's Big Ten Tournament hopes. I told him not to let it ruin his weekend and to keep things in perspective.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is Bill writing.
Very happy to hear that Tiegan is doing well and has started eating food. He'll be eating steaks in no time, I'm sure.
I would be surprised if Tiegan can keep his cool about today's game though. The tight officiating was ridiculous! I can't remember the last time I've seen an entire front line foul out before. Oh well, it's never too early to learn an important life lesson - it's hard work being a Spartan fan.
Take care.
Post a Comment